SAS Blue Schooner Company
42 Avenue Alsace-Lorraine
BLUE SCHOONER COMPANY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Part 1 : Sailing Voyages
- To make a booking please fill out and sign the booking form (one per person) and these terms and conditions of sale, and return them via email. Applicants under 18 must have written consent from their parents or legal guardian.
- To make a booking, please use our website (booking/come sail with us). We will then send you an email including booking request confirmation and you will receive an invoice for a 25% deposit.
- Your booking is not secure until we receive your 25% deposit. We recommend you not to make any travel arrangement to join the vessel until you have received confirmation from us that your deposit has been received. On receipt of your deposit we will send you a booking confirmation letter, the present GTC’s, a receipt for your 25% deposit and joining explanations.
- You can only pay via bank transfer to our account.
- A final balance invoice will be sent to you once you have paid the 25%deposit. This must be paid no later than 12 weeks before the start of the voyage. The payment due date will be clearly written on the invoice. If a booking is made less than 12 weeks before the start of the voyage then full payment will be taken at that time. We will email you a receipt of your payment once we have received your remaining balance.
- If you wish to cancel a booking for a voyage, then please notify us as soon as possible.If you cancel your booking within 14 days of paying your deposit and at least 12 weeks before the voyage starts, a full refund, less an administration fee of 50 euros per person and per voyage will be made. A deposit will become non refundable 14 days after the date of booking. If you cancel a voyage more than 14 days after the date we receive your 25% deposit and 12 weeks or more before the start of the voyage then you will receive a full refund less your deposit. If you cancel a voyage less than 12 weeks before the start of, or after the commencement of your voyage then you will be liable for the full cost of the voyage. We strongly recommend you to take out travel insurance to cover yourself should you need to cancel a voyage.
- Blue Schooner Company reserves the right to refuse any applicant considered unsuitable without giving an explanation. A reasonable level of physical fitness is required in order for instance to climb down the vessel via a vertical ladder, or in the unlikely event of abandoning the ship via liferafts. If you suffer from any physical or mental disease that may affect the safety of the voyage you must disclose it to us clearly on the questionnaire. The Blue Schooner Company, together with the Captain, will then assess the potential risk which the rest of the crew might be exposed to due to these conditions, and if those risks are acceptable. The disclosed information will be held in confidence by us. Failure to disclose a condition or incomplete disclosure may result in the affected crew being put in danger. In this case Blue Schooner Company will not be liable for any refunds or expenses incurred, both material and medical (rescue operations, endangered crew being put ashore, cancellation of voyage, medical expenses etc.) . Blue Schooner Company reserves the right to require disabled people to be accompanied by someone in good physical and mental condition, experienced in helping cope with their particular needs.
- Women more than 24 weeks pregnant can not participate to a voyage including at least one night onboard.
- Danger : By signing this document you understand that sailing can be a dangerous activity, particularly in rough weather, which can be encountered at any time of year on any voyage.
- In the very unlikely event that we are forced to cancel a voyage due to unusual and unforeseen circumstances beyond our control (force majeure), we will try our best to offer an alternative voyage at a mutually agreeable date. If we have to cancel a voyage due to any other reasons, e.g. mechanical failure, then a full refund or an alternative voyage will be offered. In all cases our liability is limited to offering a refund only up to the amount paid and we will have no further liability to you in respect of consequential economic loss.
- Blue Schooner Company reserves the right to make necessary amendments to any voyage with regards to start/end destinations or planned itinerary. In the unlikely event of any changes, we will endeavour to contact you at the earliest opportunity. All decisions of any amendments will be made by the Company Board or the Captain and no refunds or liability accepted by Blue Schooner Company. The company will not be responsible for any cost of travel.
- All changes of guest trainees are subject to availability and at our discretion. All changes will incur a £50 amendment fee. A change of voyage cannot be made less than 12 weeks before your voyage departure. This will be considered a cancellation and such fees and terms will apply.
- Onboard De Gallant your safety is our Primary concern. You will find onboard all the necessary and lawful safety gears, and will be given a full safety briefing upon arrival. You must agree to abide fully with the instructions of the skipper and permanent crew.
- We aim to sail Gallant as much as possible, taking into account the weather conditions at the time and forecasted, the ability of the crew and the waters we are sailing in. We will endeavour to fulfil any reasonable requests the voyage crew may have, however in all these matters the Captain’s decision is final.
- Included services : bedding (no towels) for each guest trainees (take an extra sleeping bag is you easlily tend to be cold), food onboard during the voyage (dates mentioned on your booking confirmation), mooring and fuel costs.
- What is not included : any meals taken ashore during the voyage dates, alcoholic beverages
- Blue Schooner Company is covered by professional insurance that includes third party liability. This does not cover you for any loss or damage to your property not attributable to our negligence or defects in the vessel. We strongly recommend you take out your own travel insurance to cover as a minimum, medical and personal accident expenses, loss and damage to personal effects, covers sailing over 12 Nautical Miles offshore and voyage cancellation. We offer our customers 10% off Topsail Insurance policies. Call Topsail on +44 (0) 1273 57 37 27 or click here to go to the Topsail website and find out which policy suits you. The discount code will be given in your booking confirmation pack.
Part 2 : Deck Events/Visits when alongside
- During deck events/ visits alongside, these General Conditions and Terms do apply too. Extra details can be found on the quote.
- During “free flow” daily visits, only the outer deck is accessible (Maindeck). The Crew and Captain reserve the rights to regulate the visitors flow in order not to exceed the maximum capacity allowed onboard.
I have read and accepted the above Blue Schooner Company’s General Terms and Conditions of sale.
Name Date Signature